...hey...this is a family friendly blog!!!
No one was NAUGHTY...just KNOTTY.
DREAD LOCKS, that is!!!
Shane helped out! Actually, it was his idea so he sectioned Mike's hair.
This took several hours, but he did a really great job.
Kim took over from there...back-combing.
Shane started around 11am. Kim thought the backcombing would be done by 9pm.
Afterall, the newest episode of Whale Wars was on!
What time does the microwave say?! 12:59am?!?!
Product is essential. We used a lot of Lock Peppa!!
It was a long night. Lots of music...a bit of wine...a dip in the pool...completion at 6am!!!
After a little nap, all is well with the world!










That was very knotty of you and your son! Seriously, it must have been a lot of work to have taken an entire day! Very Florida-Beach-Island of you. (By the way, I discovered this blog recently on your profile and added it to my blogroll. Hope that's okay.)
ReplyDeleteFG, I'm thrilled to have a follower, although I've not promoted this blog in any way, shape or form. Mostly for the fun of it.
ReplyDeleteYes, these dreads are better than I thought they'd be, especially after we took the rubber bands off. It's been 6 weeks now, and we're still working on them...it's constant maintenance for the first 3-6 months. If I'd known that, I'm not sure I'd have participated. But, it's a fun thing, and in the long run, why not, right? Or I can be really cheesy and say, "Why knot?!". I digress. :)